Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMystery

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
GB
I have Crystal 8 reports which are hosted on a web server, and are run via the Crystal Reports viewer. These reports connect to a SQL server database.
When a report is first run, it requests the logon details to connect to SQL server.
This isn't too bad for a simple report, as the login is only required once. However, when I include a subreport within the admin report, it requires me to login twice, once for each 'report'. I have some reports that use multiple sub-reports, so this is a big problem for me.
Does anyone know of a way of passing login details through automatically, either for the whole report, or at least for the sub-reports?
Any help is much appreciated!

hi
are you using vb, asp or what to call your report

cheers

pgtek

I just have the Web Component services installed on my IIS server, and have the report in a hyperlink from my HTML web page.

You can set the password for the report in the management console, under databases.

Hi fbermudez, which management console do you mean? Can you tell me where to find this option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back