Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login to Element Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labash

Programmer
Apr 11, 2008
US
When attempting to login on EM I receive a Windows Internet Explorer error message of WEB4008...No idle TTY channel available.
Anyone ever seen this?

I'm new to system. How are they built.

Connect to the system via a existing serial tty port
login

LD 17

REQ CHG

TYPE ADAN

ADAN NEW TTY x

CTYP PTY

USR MTC SCH BUG

PORT 1

Here's an example of one of my PTY ports

ADAN TTY 6
CTYP PTY
DNUM 6
PORT 0
DES MAT
FLOW NO
USER SCH MTC bug
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES

Hi all, I am having the same issue with element manager, but here is a twist. I can log in using pty with the admin 1 or 2, however I have another user that has limited access. Does any one know if he has to have acces to specific ovlys to be able to access the PTY? I have blown away my PTYs and rebuilt them. I guess I should have started with we just upgraded from 4.5 to 5.5 in Dec. He had access at 4.5 but not in 5.5 Thanks

Look at the LAPW account in LD 22 and make sure that MAT = YES for that user.

Changed to MAT yes and he is able to access the virtual terminal. Thanks for your help!!!

hello all! i'm having the same issue, but it just started happening today, so i'm pretty sure the PTY's have been created and my configuration is correct. please help!

thanks

so do i need to go in and disable the PTY ports, then try to make a connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back