Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathstar

MIS
Aug 28, 2001
CA
I'm having a problem with some login scripts. I have a Windows 2000 domain with several DC's for load balancing. I have created a login script on my DC and mapped it to the root of the domain so it will apply to every user when a login takes place. This seems to work partially and when remote users also login it only works 20 - 40% at most. Can anyone give me some advice to correct this problem, or is it just better for me to place in a local login script on all users workstation so this problem will be fixed once and for all.

If I choose to take this route where do I place this script on the workstation for window 2000 Professional???

Please help :eek:)

Many thanks

Take that script and put it in a shared folder that every one can get to from there desk top would work have those users load that file when they login..

I had the same problem but was using one logon script for all users. I had to put the logon script into the group policy on the OU containig the users/computers I wanted affected and have had very few problems since. I assume the few that dont get it need the slow link setting adjusted. I have found that these few take longer to access resources than the others.

The login script should be placed in the Netlogon share of your DC's. If your users authenticate via those DC's - they will run the script if replication is taking place. Specify in "user manager" or the AD equivalent that the loginscript is specified for the users as well. There should be no problems thereafter if your network is setup correctly.
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back