Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Scripts not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlashway

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2007
I for some reason can not get my login scripts to run on the Default GPO. If I run them manually they map the drives and printers they are supposed to but no matter what I try I can not get them to work of the Default GPO, any ideas ?

Stop using the default GPO for starters. That should ONLY be modified for password policies. Create a new GPO at the top level. Add your script in there. Be sure you check the security of the GPO and block the Admin from getting the policy to ensure you don't lock the admin out of anything by mistake. Make sure you have configured the policy to apply to Authenticated Users.

Refer to the end of my FAQ for additional tips.

faq329-5798

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I created a New GPO on a OU I created, still not running.

Do you have any objects inside your new OU that the login script can apply to?

Since this is SBS, why not just leave your users in the SBSusers OU and apply the policy there?

Are the clients able to access the script via the network, eg: \\domain.local\netlogon\loginscript.vbs?

Did you refer to the end of my FAQ? Did you check security? As etherbadger has also pointed out, are there user objects in the OU you are applying the GPO to?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back