Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

login script/terminal server win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pug911

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
Setup

I have a NT4 domain that runs a login script with no problem.
Recently we have added a win 2000 server to the NT domain as a member. The Win 2000 server also runs Terminal services.
We have 2 windows 2000 pro clients that first logon to the NT domain and are able to run the NT login script, if required with no problem.
However once logged onto th NT domain they then connect to win 2000 server running terminal services. These additional accounts exist on the win 2000 server running Terminal services in the same domain.

What I would like to achieve is when they log on to the terminal server for the login batch file to map a drive on the terminal server. At Present I have tried to use the Local computer Policy - user configuration/scripts/logon and pointed this to the NT DC(netlogon) where the logon script exists. Do I need do anything else ?

But it doesn't map the drive on the win 2000 terminal server.

The logon script on the NT server is

net use w: \\servername\%username%\temp /YES
the users have access to their own shares on the terminal server.

If go to each user account/Profile and then do a manual connect to a drive on the win 2000 server --this works.

so the win 2000 server is mapping drive manually from the user account/Profile. How do I get it to map the drive using the existing logon bat file on the Nt4 server or can I have an additional logon bat file on the win 2000 server, then where do I It an place how do I get the win 2000 server to look at this ?

Can anyone Help.

Hi

Have tried creating a batch file on a public directory on the terminal server and then calling it when the client logs on to the box. [Terminal Services Configuration, Connections; RDP-tcp Properties ; Environment Tab]

This run the batch file seems to disconnect the terminal session.

any other ideas ?

Go to Computer Management
User Management
And TSInternetuser Properties
Under the Profile Tab, in the Home Directory frame, select the drive letter to map followed by the UNC path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back