Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Script not running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actsh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2002
US
Have just migrated a number of XP and Win2K clients from an old NT 4.0 domain to a completely new Win2K3 domain. I created a script to map some network shares for those users who logon. I copied the script to the SYSVOL directory in c:\windows on the DC but the script does not seem to be running when a user logs in. I've named the script genlogon.bat. In the profile tab section of user properties I have left blank for the profile path - assuming that the default is c:\windows\sysvol and in the login script I have put genlogon.bat. is there something i need to do to initiate the scripting? Any help would be appreciated.

BR, Actsh. ;-)

Are you sure you put it in the right place? Since you specified the script in the profile, you need to put it in the netlogon share on the DC.

Netlogon is at c:\windows\sysvol\sysvol\youddomain\scripts.

I suggest a new script for the new operating system.

Replace .bat with .vbs. Then assign scripts via policies rather than throught the individual user's property tab.

That's the problem, the only directory path that is created is windows/sysvol. This is a DC server and i assumed that by default the entire netlogon path woul dbe created. This is a DC within a child Domain. I should be seeing other scripts being replicated also. Do I need to create this path manually?

I need to use .bat script with user account as right now it is corporate standard. I agree - the way to go is vb scripting.

BR, Actsh

Hi

I use a custom made application written in C# this program has the ability to map network drives, call other programs or scripts, although its only at version 0.2 its a very powerful login program, is also looks much better than an old style dos window popping up i will post a link to download it if anyone is interested. The program uses an i.i file for configuring network drives and program calls etc

Regards

Dave

Dave

If there are no directories under windows\sysvol, file replication is broken, and your server is not advertising as a domain controller.

Check the file replication log in event viewer and post any errors that are in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back