Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login script issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

adfreek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
US
Scenario: We're migrating our users from NT to AD however we still have alot of Win98 machines. In order to update the client for MS networks registry setting on the users desktops, I've put together a kixtart script which makes the neccessary change to the registry. I've tested the script by putting into the NT user accounts profile and watch a test user authenticate, call the script, then the window that says "Your windows logon script is running" appears in the upper left hand corner. From there, the DOS window comes up and runs the kix script which is part of the .bat login script.

My problem is, that "Your Windows logon script is running" message will not go away. After I wait a substantial amount of time, I hit "Cancel", it goes away then I check the registry and confirm everything worked great. The domain is updated to point to the new AD domain. But I HAVE TO GET THAT WINDOWS MESSAGE TO DISAPPEAR. My goal would be for it to not even pop up because I'm afraid a user might see it and hit "cancel" which would in turn jeopardize the kixtart script from running.

Here is the output of the kixtest.bat file which is going to be placed into the user NT account profile. From there, I'll paste the Changereg.kix test script. What am I doing wrong?

kixtest.bat

net use K: \\pdcservername\netlogon
K:
copy K*.dll c:\windows
kix32.exe Regchange.kix
net use /d /yes K:
exit

output of regchange.kix

if @producttype "windows 98"

writevalue ("hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\msnp32\networkprovider", "authenticatingagent", "addomainname", "reg_sz")

writevalue ("hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\vxd\vnetsup", "workgroup", "addomainname", "reg_sz")
endif
exit

Again, my whole issue is getting that Window to dissappear.

Thanks!

Is there a missing setting for 'Close on Exit' for a BAT-file ?

Something is wrong with your exit. I would try to change it in a different sequence. just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back