Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

login question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfredSpecial

Programmer
Apr 4, 2005
GB
On the SX2000 how many attempts do you get to login before it locks you out?

Is this the same for the 3300?

are they case sensitive?

thanks

You have three attempts per username. I like to have two usernames for tech use, just in case. You can adjust how long the lockout is for in the system options form.

There is no number of incorrect login attempts on the 3300. Passwords and usernames ARE case sensitive on the 3300.

Passwords on the SX2000 are not case sensitive, at least not on most Versions, but I remember hearing that Mitel was considering changing that requirement on a future release. There was also to be additional password security changes, like password/username having to be changed every three months (or something like that).

Thankyou very much for the reply. you have given me just what i needed.

Thanks again.

LW 34.1 is when the new password rules and security options were rolled out on the 2K. They can be a bit of a bear if you don't know about them. First upgrade I did to this release, I had to edit the miniumum password length setting, even though I had the enhanced security disabled. I don't know if that's been fixed in the latest update.

As Lundah says, LW 34 has changed the game on the 2000.
Paterson is incorrect on his 3300 info. There are limited attempts to login on the ESM, I believe 3 or 5, it just doesn't give you any indication it has quit trying to authenticate you. As well, if you telnet to a 3300 you are bound to the same login restrictions as a 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back