Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login/Password Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerdude

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
US
I have created an Access application containing information about students at a local school. I need to create a login/password screen so that only "need-to-know" people can start the application. Can anyone offer a starting point. It can be simple and it does not have to be super secure. I am familiar with VB login screens but I am new to the Access environment. You can't cut and paste VB code into Access can you? Thank you in advance.

Hi..will it be good to use Access built in security. Goto Tools->User and Group Accounts and set password for admin user. You can create new users and give customised permissions by going to User and Group Permission. This security is quite powerful..let me knw if u need some step by step details for this.

Cheers!
Aqif

Sorry,I must be leaving out a step or maybe I need a step by step. When I attempt to use Access security, I can't get the login screen to come up. I open the current database, then attempt to set users and passwords, then close database. When I reopen, no login screen. Any other suggestions? Thanks

OK :)

1. Logon to the database. (u'll be logged on with Admin)
2. Goto Tools-->Security-->User and Gps acc
3. Click on Change Logon Password
4. leave old password blank and set new password.

Now on log on the access will ask u for the password.

5. Create other users and log on with them by leaving password field blank for the 1st time and then set thier passwords.

Send me ur email address if u need white paper for access security.

Cheers!
Aqif

Thanks, that did it. amazing how one simple clue...
I'll take you up on the white paper for future reference.
Thank you again for your time and advice.
email: danmci43@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back