Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login not work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalunga

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
BR
in my system sco unix 5.02 after enter user login and user password, screen hangs and not appear prompt.

if user is logged it´s ok, but none new login is succesful

What´s heapening
thanks Flavio

Sounds as though something in your subsystem may be corrupt.

Have you run fsck?
Have you used 'scoadmin software' or 'custom' and checked your installation against the database?

Do you see any other errors?

Even though the info in this link doesn't discuss you exact problem, it _may_ be a cause. Take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm not responsible for what might or might not happen to your system after trying anything I might suggest.

Hi Hemo,
the problem its solved.
The problem was NIC card.

Thanks
kalunga

Hi,

What is that got you sorted? My NIC died a slow death, now am unable to boot into multi-user mode at all.

I am having a very similar problem.

Thanks

BK

How far does the system boot? To Ctrl-D prompt? To asking for date and time?

Hi,

Yeah I can get into Sys Maintenance login.

But multi-user mode starts but then fails with a Resource temporarily unavailable comment against tty01 - 12.

Last Year was getting respawn multiply, eventually server stopped communicating altogether, colleague decided to replace NIC. NIC version in server = A, He couldn't get an "A" and fitted a "B" not working since ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back