Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Limit Has Been Reached -- But no one on 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgroves

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2000
CA
I have been having this problem for a couple weeks now where I would try and logon to my Citrix Server (Win NT 4.0 SP 5, Citrix 1.8 with SP2 Feature 1)and although there is no one on the server, it says that login limit has been reached. Is there a fix for this or this as a result of some other problem?

Could this problem be related to a HP Printer that has a print job pending in its queue and as a result holding a license active? I know that we might have problems with people not logging out properly, so is there a way to set a timeout so that if idle for more than a certain amount of time, it would automatically log the individual or release the license?

Any help would be appriceated!!!

P.S. Sorry for the long winded question

If you use Citrix Server Administrator, does it show a lot of disconnected sessions?

If so, there are many articles on how to deal with disconnected sessions that don't reset themselves.

I suggest you search:

These sites contain articles that should help you narrow the problem down to your specific scenario.

I hope this information is useful

We are having a similar problem, unable to log on, when there are open licenses.

When we try to open Citrix Server Administrator, the "Yellow Questionmark" next to the servername never goes away. It just hangs trying to connect to the server.

This is happening every few days. The only way we have been able to get aroud this is to reboot the server. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Citrix/Terminal Servers require a regular reboot cycle - especially NT4 TSE based systems.

Think of it this way - you have, say, 30 users log on to that server every day. That's the equivalent of leaving your desktop PC on for 150 days, over the course of a week. If your desktop PC runs continuously for 150 days, you probably aren't running a Microsoft operating system LOL

Use the scheduling service and the at command to schedule in a cycle of every 2 or 3 days - or slightly less than the average time it takes for your ICA browser to choke (which is what is causing the yellow question marks).

Use a utility such as delprof in a batch file to clear down the profiles directory as part of your reboot cycle, and this will help clear the other issue as well.

I hope this helps

I had the exact same problem. Take CitrixEngineer advice and schedule a reboot every week or whatever timeframe you choose. I choose a week due to the yellow question mark usually occurring if the server is up more than one week.

This is a batch file I created sometime ago. I hasn't failed once since I implemented.

REM * Citrix reboot file
REM * Reboot every Wednesday 12:00 P.M

REM * Disable logon so new users can't logon
change logon /disable
REM * Broadcast Server Shutdown
msg * Server will reboot in 5 minutes, please save all work and log off now!
REM * Pause first 3 minutes
C:\WINNT\sleep.exe 180
REM * Broadcast Server Shutdown again
msg * Server will reboot in 2 minutes, please log off.
REM * Pause for 60 seconds
C:\WINNT\sleep.exe 60
REM * Reset all ICA/TCP sessions
echo y | reset session ica-tcp
REM * Stop print spooler for 30 seconds
net stop spooler
C:\WINNT\sleep.exe 30
REM * Delete all stalled print jobs and delay for 20 seconds
Del /S /F /Q C:\Winnt\system32\spool\printers\*.*
C:\WINNT\sleep.exe 20
REM * Shutdown Server
C:\WINNT\Shutdown.exe /L /R /Y

Note: Remember the /Y after the shutdown command. Shutdown.exe, sleep.exe and the batch file copied to the C:\WINNT directory. I use the WINAT as the scheduler program which is copied in the C:\WINNT directory.

Good Luck

That is a good script 4MULA1. What does the / s (/L /R /Y)after shutdown.exe stand for?

L=Local server, R=Reboot, Y=Ans Yes to all queries -- Devil Dog --

I think it's a good script too. But, I don't find sleep.exe and shutdown.exe ... there are your programs?

Sleep & shutdown are all part of the resource kit. Shutdown is also in the system root. -- Devil Dog --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back