Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollard83

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2005
US
I have an issue with a router, a 7206VXR, with telnet logins. Every so often, I get a connection refused when trying to login via telnet. It is quite random and nothing in the syslogs related to the issue. I would show config and ios version, but I am currently unable to login. I can update later when it lets me login again. I am not sure where to look. There are no ACL's to block it. This router does run NAT, but off a separate pool then the IP I use to connect. BGP is also running on this router.

Are you able to gain console access and provide a show run output of the console and vty configuration?
SEASW01#sh run | b line

SEASW01#sh run | i aaa authentication

Also, when at the cli type who
SEASW01>who
Line User Host(s) Idle Location
* 1 vty 0 rmorris1 idle 00:00:00 172.25.16.118

Interface User Mode Idle Peer Address

SEASW01>

CCNA, CCNP

SO_Edge#sh run | b line
line con 0
login local
stopbits 1
line aux 0
stopbits 1
line vty 0 4
login local
transport input all

With what is showing there does not appear to be anything that would restrict access, unless you exceed the number of VTY ports, which is one of the reasons for looking at the console when this happens and performing a sh user or who, this will let you know what other logins there are. It "could" be possible to have a user session hung.

CCNA, CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back