Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login issue to MD110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert28

Technical User
Dec 2, 2013
GB
Hello,
When I use SSSSSS; the characters are echoed on the screen of my PC (directly connected to port one on NUI card) but I do not get the USERNAME request.
I have tried three ports on the card and all three act the same, no login request but the SSSS's are echoed.

(If I omit the semi colon I get the prompt to login to the NIUX)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Doktor,
Thank you for the swift response.
I have reseated the card and still it fails...
Any other suggestion gratefully accepted.
Gilbert

Is your connection from NIU going to your PC v.24 or through telnet?Try to check your cables and try to ping your NIU if you're connecting through telnet.Possible defective cable

Hello
It's a direct connection.
Tried two cables.
Tried three different ports on the NIU card.
All give the same result.
(I can log into the NIUX - the SSSS without the semi-colon.)

As far as I can see, without having any greater depth of knowledge, all I can do is change the NIU card or reboot the MD110.
Does this sound reasonable.

(Just one further point, I have some spare slots on the same shelf, can I just plug another NIU into one of these positions or do the slot positions have to be allocated to the different card types in software first?)

Thank you.

looks like a programm unit is hanging (if you do not have replaced the NIU to an other position, only the programmed position is working)
I think the only one way is to restart LIM1 ( press button on LPU 1x)
a reload of LIM1 ( press button on LPU 2x) is not needed

best regards,
Norbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back