Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login failed for user 'abcd'.Reason Not associated with trusted SQl Se

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestsupport

Programmer
Jan 1, 2003
AE

Login failed for user 'abcd'.Reason Not associated with trusted SQl Server connection

Yes I do,

same error, trying to run a dts package that gets data from a remote server

I have a production and a development server, both have identical configurations as far as I can determine.

The problem lies when I try to run the dts package on the dev box, I get the ...cannot associate user null with a trusted connection....

I've read several posts here about the same error and tried several suggestions with out success

any good ideas ?

I seem to remember having had the same problem some months ago, but I'm not sure if and how we corrected this. Maybe you can do something with this :
1. are you in a mixed NT/Win 2K network ? trusted security sometimes screws up depending on the installed service packs etc on different machines. Try it using a sqlaccount (that is, if you are using mixed security).
2. Do you have the problem while executing manually the DTS, or is it only scheduled execution ? In the latter case, check the rights of your sqlAgent account from the dev box on the production server.

Good luck

To have a Trusted Account, the logins and passwords MUST be the same on BOTH systems.

So, your user's login and password onto their client machine MUST be the same as their SQL Server login and password.

Their login in SQL Server MUST be set to allow Windows Authentication. (Enterprise Manager, expand down to Security, select Logins, find the user's login. Right click and select Properties. Check the General tab, it will show what type of Authentication that login uses.

-SQLBill

I had a similar problem. Passwords were the same and authentication was correctly set ut it still didn't work. It was resolved by disabling Named Pipes on the Server and including "Network Library=DBMSSOCN;" in the connection string, which forces the use TCP/IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back