Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

login errors on Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilusv

Technical User
Dec 27, 2003
US
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001,7000,7013
Computer: ILUSV

Description:

1. The Windows Media Unicast Service service failed to start due to the following error:
o The service did not start due to a logon failure.

2.Logon attempt with current password failed with the following error:
o Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

3.The Windows Media Program Service service depends on the Windows Media Station Service service which failed to start because of the following error:
oThe service did not start due to a logon failure.

4.Logon attempt with current password failed with the following error:
o Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

I have searched the net and unable to find anyhelp, what do you guys think. I have also installed DNS on the D.C

Thanks

Are these services starting with the Local System Account or another administrative account. Check these logon properties for these services.

I am logging in as the Administrator of the Domain controller which is the only account you can login as. I also checked the properties of the error it doesn’t indicate account.
Under user is says NA

I hope this answers your question

You might need to change the password on the service to match your admin logon.

I went into that service properties and changed the password to match the login. There was no prompt under the logon tab so I changed it on the fly but when I rebooted I got the same error(s)

The settings for the windows Media unicast service are as follows:

This accout: .\NetShowServices

I looked for this service on the other D.C and it didn’t exist.

Should I change it from the .\NetShowServices to local system account and have it interact with desktop?

itsp1965

I now understand your question; its under the .\NetShowServices account.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back