Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOGIN & PASSWORD USE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DParker

Technical User
Dec 16, 2000
US
I want a Login & password on the home page, after the visitor types this information in, I would like them to be put to a webpage that is assigned to them ONLY.

Thank you David Parker
TPA Web Design

Hi, David:

a) What version of FP do you intend to use for this?

b) Do you want a login screen as a webpage with a form asking for username/password or do you want a Challenge-Response method in which a box pops up prompting for their username/password?

c) You want a unique userpage for each logged-in user?

-Dave

a) What version of FP do you intend to use for this?

FrontPage 2000

b) Do you want a login screen as a webpage with a form asking for username/password or do you want a Challenge-Response method in which a box pops up prompting for their username/password?

See to see the main page. After clicking on Vendor Login, a webpage should come up that has a login feild and a password feild for the visitor to log into, with other links and such.

Right now I've got them going into a Secured Sub-Website with information to find their PO's, but would like them transported to their own Sub-Web.

c) You want a unique userpage for each logged-in user?

I would like the visitor transported to a webpage...after their Login/Password is verified, where only their information, like past and present Purchase Orders are located and more, NON-DATABASE driven. I will enter their PO's each week for them to look at.

Regards David Parker
TPA Web Design

I think your solution is found within Tek-Tips here:
thread333-37136

I don't quite see how you could get proper access to the individual users without a database.

-Dave

Hi. I have a simpler version of this I need help with. I have basic web with a page called "staff only" that I want to keep just for internal staff use. so I made it a sub web and am now trying to put permissions and add users to it.

I go live to my isp website, click on the page in fp 2000, go tools security then go to users and get a space where I can apparently type in names of users I want go give permit to. so I type in a user, then put in what their pw will be, and hit apply and get back "server error" and a note that the user was not found.

am i needing to put another file listing users in there somewhere?? am on isp running apache .

thanks.
ront

I am not sure how you are doing this, but here is how I would do it:

First, after you have logged into the live website...double click the Sub-Web that you have created. This will place you into that sub-webs information system. When you are in that sub-web, click tools/permissions.

Now that you're in the Permissions section be sure to select the correct type of Permission, click apply and then click on users. click on Add User or whatever button adds a user and then type in the info, it should accept the information then.

Hope this works, and be sure that you upload from the Sub-Web in FP2K as well, like it's own website.

David Parker
TPA Web Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back