Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logik 1GB MP3/WMA Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeric

Technical User
Apr 23, 2000
Hi - I have a Logik MP3 IGB LCD Player - I've loaded about 500MB worth of WMA's and then found that I can't load any more (Message says "Cannot copy <filename>: The directory or file cannot be created") - All music files have been created in root (ie no sub directories have been used) - Properties definitely show the disk space to be only half full - What can we do to fix this please?

I didn't format the device before using it, which I think is the problem - I now believe it is necessary to reformat the device, to see it's full size, however if I do, will it overwrite any files necessary to it's proper working, or are all the 'player files' hard coded into the device?
If there are necessary files on the drive and I should accidentally overwrite them where can I get copies of them from? - I can't find an address anywhere on the internet to contact LOGIK (whoever they are) [shadessad]

Hmm UK? Dixons/Curry's ?
My little nephew brought one of these around over Christmas (512 version) all three of our home PC's were unable to detect it (all pretty new 2.5gig plus machines with XP SP2 home and PRO)
We loaded the supplied software even though I'm pretty sure it should have been detected anyway as a removable storage device, no joy.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Hi Paparazi
I've now got to the bottom of my problem with the device, it related to the number of files permitted in a folder!
Apparently you can only put about 135 files in a single folder, (we had 169 in root)- To resolve the issue I took a few files off then created some additional folders, and moved some of the existing files to them, then brought back the files I'd removed - After that the device now accepts that it does indeed have a 1GB capacity, but I'm making sure I keep within the max number of files per folder

As to your problem of a non-working 512Mb version - Mine never refused to work, only to recognise it's proper size - I got the help to resolve my problem from a forum on
perhaps you may care to visit that source - Good luck [Smile2]

Re Paparazi's problem of the Logik MP3 player not being recognised by his PC - There is a situation that could account for that - The MP3 player MUST be switched OFF & the earphones removed before plugging it into the USB port & MUST remain OFF whilst the USB connection is in use - It is only recognised in USB mode if those criteria are met - Paparazi, be sure to test this one out as it is apparently the most common cause of the device not being seen by the PC
Good luck - Homeric

homeric
Thanx for that!
Cannot honestly remember exactly what we did but both me and my 19year old daughter tried without sucess on all three of our home PC's.
She actually had a similar USB pen style MP3 player until recently so is fairly familiar with how to connect and transfer files etc.
Are you saying this brand is differant?
Anyways I think my nephew has now changed it and I pressume, as i have not heard, that the replacement is working.
Thanks again
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Hi paparazi
No I don't think this model is very different from any others, but the user guides are so poorly written it's easy to overlook these fundamental steps - Did so myself initially, so I from whence I cometh!
Cheers - Homeric

Hi,

I'm trying to get some replacement earphones for my logik mp3-1gb-lcd as the one's I currently have are faulty. This was a Christmas gift and my sister can't find the receipt to return this item.....I have tried Parts Master but they are out of stock. Any ideas where I could try please guys??

Many thanks.

I have just bought a Logik MP3 1GB player but I am having a slightly different problem.

It works perfectly with MP3 files and I can connect it to my PC via the USB and can transfer files...no problem. However, it will not play any of the WMA files that I transfer on to it.

Originally I had the bit rate set at 128 KBps for recording but I also tried 64 and then 48 KBps (minimum I can do). I checked to make sure the correct version of Windows media is being used. I also tried variable bit rate as well...just in case.

Any idea where I am going wrong?
Paul

i bought my daughter a logik mp3 /wma player i gb.i was wondering is there anywhere i can buy a wall charger for it,instead of connecting it through a usb lead.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back