Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logical drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn182

Technical User
May 11, 2001
US
I have an HP MSA1000 fiber attached SAN. I'm trying to extend the logical drive attached to a NW6.5 server. The volume is 496GB, native not NSS. The HP utility will only let me add another 10Gb even though there is 154Gb of free space. As far as i know I'm not close to any Novell limits.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I think the problem is at the HP level, not Netware. Are you using the CPQONLIN utility? Is it possible that the free space on the SAN is not contiguous?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

not up on the msa1000
i assume it's the same type idea as hsg80 controllers etc
it is an hp thing not a netware restriction

i assume the you have presented the lun to netware to carve up. if you have then cpqonlin will see it

sorry for the delay, i was on vacation. It was an HP issue, the 6.7 version of the ACU did not recognize logical volumes above 514Gb. I installed the latest, 7.7, and the space was recognized.

Course, since it is a traditional volume I had to use nssmu to scan for free space then I could add the free space to the volume in iManager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back