Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging/Tracking/Reporting User Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

unHookt

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
We use Citrix Metaframe XPa in our Windows 2000 environment.

I would like to be able to track when and which users are logging into our systems via Citrix, and to see what applications they are utilizing during their sessions.

Is there a way to do this in XPa, or is there a third party tool that will address this need?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, but can't remember. If you search this site you'll find some links!

Cheers,
Carl.

Tried searching...couldn't find anything. Anyone else?

SysTrack 3.1 from Lakeside Software can track when users are logging on/off, what applications they ran, how long they ran the applications, which websites they visited while connected, etc.

Please contact me if I can provide you with additional information.

Thanks,
Carrie3010@yahoo.com

The data collector keeps all of that information in a JET or SQL database. I download it through ODBC into an Excel spreadsheet and get a ton of stats. We're using XPe, and I don't know if the database is available in XPa.

Could you explain this process so that I could find out if XPa includes the db?

XPa does not provide this information. XPe includes something call RM (Resource Manager). This is the component of XPe that collects the information you are looking for. If you don't want to upgrade to XPe, then you will have to use a third party product like Lakeside's SysTrack. They have a free 14-day demo on their website if you want to try it out.

Mike

Mike is right, the Resource Manager is not included with XPa, I believe you only get it with XPe or XPs. Anyway, it is just an earlier version of the Systrack software-not nearly as powerful as their current offering. I use it here daily.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back