Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging onto domain with Windows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakenjod

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
HI...I have a laptop that has Windows XP pro installed and when I try to log onto our domain with the network cable connected...it tells me the user name or password is not correct or the domain is not available. However if I unplug the network cable and then put my network password in (still logging into the domain) it works and then I have to reconnect the cable in order to see our network. How can I set it up so that I can plug the network cable in and log in to the domain as you normally would with a desktop PC??
Thanks!

when you reconnect and access the network, do you not ever receive any "access denied" messages when trying to open mapped network drives? because it sounds as if your local security info does not match what is on the domain (i.e. your password on the domain was changed).

No, I have full access to the domain (i.e. email, network drives, etc.) once I have plugged the network cable in. But I just can't get logged into the network with the cable plugged in.

See in particular the last paragraph of faq779-4017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back