Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging onto an Option 11C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 30, 2003
US
Hello,

How can I log on two a Option 11C using a laptop? I tried procom and hyper terminal with no luck. I'm using a NTBK48AA with a modem eliminator. This has a RS232 so I pluged it into the serial port. But when setting up procom or hyper all I see are com port settings to connect to.

Thanks for the info

Null modem adapter to TTY port 0
use hyper term to PC's Comm port 1
set to 9600, 8, none and 1
should work like a champ

I did the exact same thing and mine won't come up either. I think it's a pinout issue.

I'm using a NTBK48AA with port 0 as my terminal port. At port 0 I have a modem eliminator plugged in but then I need to step down from DB25 to DB9. I think that this iswhere it's going wrong.

I have both Procomm on 1 laptop and Hyperterminal on another and hyperterminal is set for 1200, 8, N,1 vt220.

I'm not getting a thing.

Do you know where I can find the Pinouts for DB25 to DB9 Stepdown?

Thank You!

Hi,

Did you try another port? If not, try another.

If the other ports also do not respond, it could be that the SL-1 has "crashed".

Sysload the switch and it should be back up (Reset the TTY in LD 32 doesn't work). If you sysload the switch connect to port 0 and you should be able to see the boot stuff.

I've only seen this on 2 switches which are Option 11C with rls 23 on it...

Hope this helps.

Marc D.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hello,

The problem ended up being the DB 9 connection on the back plane where the three port cable plugs into the switch. Once this was fixed I was able to log into the switch. Release 24.24, everything is working great. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread.

TJ

Just get a straight thru 9 to 25 from radio shack or someplace else and a null modem adapter and you should be good to go!!!

Jaye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back