Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging On with Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerWal

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2002
US
Is there a way to change Windows 2000 to where you do not have to log on (Log On to Windows 2000 username and password)?

In Users and Passwords in the control pannel , you can uncheck the user must enter a user name or password ...
Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

netwalker1 - where is that option? You can uncheck 'Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete before logging on', but have never seen one you mention.

The Option which u mentioned in the advanced tab ,, go to the user tab and u will find the option which I mentioned ..
Mohamed Farid

Nope - not on any of my 2k machines. Does something need setting?

wolluf ,
are u using domain , or workgroup
it appears only on workgroups ...
as this option is enable for local loggin , not domain loggin ..
Mohamed Farid

Exactly, netwalker1 - it's only there for Workgroups and not when logging into Domains.

In Control Panel, choose Users and Passwords, then the Advanced tab. Uncheck the requirement for "user must enter a user name or password ..."

If your machine was already unchecked, but requires logon, you must check this, Apply, reboot, then go back in and uncheck it. That mystified me recently...
Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

netwalker - yes, I was on domain.

found it on home PC!

The tweak utility worked. Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back