Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging on windows2000 Professional 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

plezhelpme

Technical User
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hello,
I need some help as I messed up my 2000 Professional workstation. I wanted to setup a home network and changed the old NT domain and switched to Workgroup. I hoped that it would bypass the NT domain and would use the workgroup only.

When I restarted the PC, it would not let me log on again with the usual user-ID and password and not even with the Admin user-ID and password. I also tried another logon I have on this machine, but didn't let me log in as well.

I restarted the machine and selected 'last good profile', but still would not let me log in again. What can I do to restore the old settings?

Thanks,

unfortunately you cannot go back to your previous settings, once you have logged in, you cannot use the LKGC (last known good configuration), however, search the internet, there are a few tools out there that will get your password reset for you so that you can log in again and conenct to the domain, other than that, you have to re load the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back