Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging on to the OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachRiver

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2003
US
Before we upgraded to 2000 anyone was able to access their mail via webmail, it would prompt the users for their user name and password.

Now Webmail automatically launches the account which is logged in to the specific workstation and does not prompt for a user name and password.

Is there a way around this so one does not have to log off the curent user on the workstation and then re-log on as the new user. If we have to do this where is the benefeit of webmail? Might as well create a profile in Outlook to get emails.

I'm constantly travelling all over the state and sometimes I just want to check my email without having to fire up my laptop just to do that task.

Yes, unfortunately/fortunately, depending on your point of view, NT4 and Exch 5.5 had different directory structures so logging into one didn't mean logging in to the other. AD was evolved from Exch 5.5 such that Exch 2000 and W2K are totally integrated. If you have been authenticated on your domain then you are automatically authenticated on Exchange. I don't know anyway around this. So, as you say, "Might as well create a profile in Outlook to get emails." .... and so much more. OWA is a useful means of accessing your e-mail away from the office but give me Outlook any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back