Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging on to client from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

babek

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
GB
Situation. 1 2003 server and 1 client. server set up as 1st server, ad dns dhcp. client dhcp and domain member.

Problem: Client gets IP from 2003 server (checked in dhcp scope).Client can ping itself and server. Server can ping itself but cannot ping client. I can see client in AD but cannot remote on to it. I am using a dlink 10/100 5 port switch to connect them. Any help TIA

Has client got firewall on? Sounds like that is the issue to me.

Thanks but not a firewall issue as it isnt configured

any switches configured for vlans? maybe the vlan in your client is in can go out, but no one from outside the vlan can get into your vlan.

Just a thought..?

On the client Right click on My Computer->Properties. Then go to the Remote tab and make sure to check Allow Users to Remotely connect to this computer.

If you're not logged in as an Administrator then make sure that you are in the Remote Desktop users group.

What OS is the client running?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.
The poster formerly known as lander215

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back