Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging into Windows NT Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvandall

MIS
Sep 26, 2000
CA
Sometimes when I boot my workstation the Domain box is missing. Sometimes I have to reboot numerous times until it appears. I have removed it from the domain and re added it and it still happens. It is intermittent.

Ideas? [sig][/sig]

Hi,
I had this happen to me too. To fix it, I uninstalled Networking and reinstalled it. It seemed to be a flawed registry entry or file.

G.L.

Ron [sig]<p>Draq<br><a href=mailto:comtutor@uswestmail.net>comtutor@uswestmail.net</a><br>Good Luck with this information<br>
"It's not what you know, or who you know, but who you know that knows what !" --- Me<br>
"Visualize Whirled Peas" --- Kelly Bundy[/sig]

Hey dude!

Try checking the cable real close from the net card in your machine all the way back to the hub and patch panel (if your using a patch panel) this includes wall jack and patch cables. If that looks o.k. try updating yer net card drivers, if that doesn't help swap the net card.

Livewire [sig][/sig]

As comtutor stated, I wouls also lean toward a software problem over a Layer 1 issue. If you remove the machine from the Domain you should also delete the machine account from Server Manager before re-adding it. [sig]<p>Al<br><a href=mailto: atc-computing@home.com> atc-computing@home.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back