Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logging into win2k pro workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmac1965

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
Every once in a while when certain users try to login in different locations they get a "cannot load local profile-parameter incorrect" error. has any one seen this

I don't know what the error message is, but have you checked the user accounts to see if they are restricted to certian computers?

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

Has the users ever logged onto those other machines before? If they have change the name of there profile so it makes a new one for them when they next log on. Does everyone have the same problem when they log onto these specific machines for the first time or just some people? Also are you using roaming profiles in your network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back