Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging in to Meridian mail using hyper terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 30, 2003
US
I just took over a new client with a option 11 Compact. This system has Meridian mail. When I try using my laptop with hyper terminal I can make all the telephone program changes I want, but when I log into Meridian Mail it states password incorrect. It than opens hyper term capture file screen and locks up. I don't think this is a password problem as I have the password. Any ideas?

Thanks Tony J

Hyper terminal not allows you to connect as VT320 that is the emulation needed for MerMail. Just choose Procomm Plus or Reflexion 4 or any other terminal emulation that emulates VT320.

you'll find pcplus a decent investment, not only does it have a massive imulation package it also lets you automate hundreds of task, i run a script at nights that does a screen shot of my midn, and a screen shot of the mail back up, saving both to a file..i don't know of anyone who uses hyperterm for mermail, it might be do-able but script files in pcplus makes hyperterm useless imo...welcome the tek-tips

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks everyone for the help.

Set your emulation to VT-100 and it will work in Mermail. Procomm is the better Program, and if possible I would get it, but until you do this setting will get you by.

I installed procomm plus but I guess the admin password is changed. Is it difficult to retrieve?

I'm not sure, but I think if you start a reload of the mail, one of the options is to reset the password.

It should set back to default.

John

i don't know if you can do that without reload the install tape then restoring the mail boxes form a partial backup. a full backup formats the drive and reloads the os, a new install reloads the "lost" password. i don't remember a place were i could change the password without knowing the old..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you boot the system with the install tape and you go to "More Utilities" there is a selection option "change default system password", if you select this and reboot, it will reset back to the default password.

89549 I could post that, but you should be able to look that up in your Meridian Mail books. I just want to keep to the policy of posting passwords.

Hope this helps.

John

Thankyou for your help,

The site IT person swears the the password he gave me is the correct one. It just seems weird that when I enter the password it states incorrect password and takes me to a window capture file-save as. Anyone have this happen to them?

window capture file-save as.. that might be a option someone turned on in the app.. auto save, when you launch the app, check to see if the cap file is open..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Have not had any experience with BARS or NARS, but from what load can I view where a call is routed based on the dialed digits ?

And is there any documentation that will explain BARS and NARS in easy to read format ?

Many thanks as always.

it seems that you are missing one step
you should not enter the Password at the first screen
first you must specify what do you want to login to
system, or tools

login

Enter the login ID > system (here it should not be your password-just write system and enter)
you will get another screen with prompt for password
here you should enter your password

Enter the password (it will not be displayed) >

Have not had any experience with BARS or NARS, but from what load can I view where a call is routed based on the dialed digits ? when you dial a 9 (ac1) the switch sends you to load 90

ld 90
BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA 1213

NPA 1213
RLI 2
DENY 555

SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE

that sends me to load 86 (rli 2) route list index
ld 86

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 2

RLI 2
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 157
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 5 (this line lets me know that the station needs to be ncos 5 or higher)
DMI 1 (this sends me to load 86 prt dgt, it delets the 1st digit, my ld carrier doesn't need the 1, they know it's ld)
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ YES
ISET 2
NALT 5
MFRL 3 this tells me that if my ncos is 3 or below, i'll be prompted for an account code)
OVLL 0

that sends me to route 157

ld 21

>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: ltm
CUST 0
ROUT 157

TYPE TLST
TKTP DID
ROUT 157
DES BSLD
TN 157 01 MBER 1 BSLD
TN 157 02 MBER 2 BSLD

that sends me out loop 157 (bellsouth ld)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok,

I am not able to get into the mail and cannot find the backup tape anyware. Do I need to order a new backup tape in order to set the pw back to default?

Thanks

a back up tape will not help in defaulting a mail, you need a install tape and keycodes, that will remove all voice services and mailboxes, while setting your password to default. rebuilding your system with a back up tape will install the "lost" password, without displaying it.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back