Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intimidator50

Technical User
Mar 15, 2013
US
My Nortel Meridian 1 61 C went down last night during a storm, in what load can I prt out a log on what happen to the 61 C, a read out of all that has happen to it last night and last year?? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You
intimidator50

First of all log in and go into LD 22 and key in e.g.

>LD 22
REQ PRT
TYPE AHST

If the system did a power reset, then the history file will only show from the start of the log. This also depends upon how large the history file log is?.

Another way is to go into "pdt" and key in something like rdtail all etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

PDT's RDTAIL is going to be your best bet as it does not get cleared during a restart.

How can I find out if I have access to pdt or not, I would like to do a pdt rdtail all only so I can see my log, can you direct me in the right direction, Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
intimidator50

pdt access depends partly on your software version.
The other option is
LD 117
=> prt sel xxx (xxx = number of records you want)

The "sel" history is saved through a sysload

Thanks Stanley Steamer and Thanks to everyone that responded, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks intimidator50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back