Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log on localy with users of a Win NT domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

P01nt3r

Programmer
Jan 17, 2001
IT
I have a w2000 advanced server put on a winNT domain. I need to let autenticate localy, users of the NT domain but it seems that doesn't work and it seems that the only solution is popolate localy the w2000 server with all the users of domain. Is possible to autenticate FTP using users of the domain?
Thanks!!

If your server is part of the domain there should be no problem as long as the user accounts you are trying to use have the log on locally permision.

NO I can't be able to logon localy with a user of the domain.
It seems that on 2000 Server I'm forced to create the users localy if I want to logon localy

to emphasize on MarcS1's point, is the said win2K server a member of the NT4 domain?

if not, then you do have to re-create the NT4 accounts on the win2K server locally.

the best thing to do is, simply make sure that the win2K is properly registered as a member server of the NT4 domain. when this is done, confirm that your designated users are allowed local login to this server. This way, you can select the NT4 domain name from the domain field in the win2K logon screen and logon using your native NT4 accounts.

:)

Yes my W2000 Advancer Server is a server of the NT4 domain, but it seems that isn't possible to logon localy without put the users the domain localy. It is the same problem using IIS, I can't be able to give access to the users of the domain if they arent registered localy.
Where am I wrong ?
Thanks please help....

for shovel204

What do you means for roaming profile??

check this one out.

click start->programs->administrative tools->local security policy. from this window, click on local policies->user rights assignment. on the right pane, look for the line "log on locally" and check if the user group you want to enable logon on that specific server is listed or at least a member of any of the groups already listed. if not, double click on the "log on locally" line and add that user group.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back