Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log-off is very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfarland

Technical User
May 9, 2003
US
My log off is very slow. It takes several minutes. One of the little screens on the network connection keeps blinking then they both blink a little. Then it logs off. Any help would be appreciated.

This is often a driver issue. One that springs to mind is the logitech drivers.

Many logitech drivers slow down winxp logoff an absolute treat. If this is the problem one solution is to exit the logitech drivers manually and then logoff. The solution I'd go for myself is to uninstall the logitech drivers completely and use the default xp drivers.

If you don't use any logitech products, have a look at what's loaded up in your system tray and close them all manually. See if that makes a difference.

Take a look at the event log. Clear out the log file before you log off. Start > Settings > Control PAnel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer. Right click on Application, Security and System in turn and select clear log.

Log Off in your normal fashion and then log back in. Check the log. It might give you some idea on what is causeing the problem

Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks Mertous, I checked the Logitec web site and sure enough they have that listed. Driver to fix coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back