Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadw

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
I am having problems w/ users calling in saying that they cannot log in. The log in page is a ASP.NET page. Some of them can correct the problem by cutting off Norton antivirus. They are all using either XP or ME operating systems. The other operating systems are fine. I am still having trouble w/ one user, he said he cutt off norton and still having trouble. Can someone HELP?? And why is norton having this problem.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

If you are storing the login with a session variable, then it is possible that user that cannot log in has his browser set to disallow cookies. You can fix this by changing the server to allow cookie-less sessions, or by having a script that checks to see if the browser does not allow cookies and if not warns the user to turn them on.

That being said, it is a fairly non-specific error, so it may be something completely different. But that at least gives you a starting point :-D.

As far as Norton is concerned, it may be set to block the cookies, or it may just simply be because (WARNING: Biased opinion ahead) Norton makes the worst software that I have ever dealt with. Ahh, feels good to get off of my chest!

HTH! I'll try to keep my opinions to a minimum on future posts [noevil].

Kevin B.
.Net Programmer [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back