Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

seven4t8

Technical User
Apr 21, 2008
US
Hello, how can I pull logs on a history of who did what - meaning which admin made a change in the switch, what change did they make and when did they make it? Someone here made a change and I would like to know who and what they did. Thanks for your help!!

CS1000 ver 5.5 and 7.5

You can also turn off mulit user and accomplish this too.

GHTROUT, then I can see who did what commands? Thanks for your quick response on this :)

TTYLOG will save 64kb of activity performed on the TTY. It is queried using the LD 22 VHST commands, which are not well known. They are in the books.

If you turn off Multi-User, then every TTY can see what the other TTY is doing. Then you can also add SCH to History and it will show up, but the big down side is you lose your maintenance history if someone prints a long report.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

OK, so you all have to bare with me as I am an Avaya guy and new to Nortel :)

So through the GUI, what can I click on to run these reports after making the recommended changes you gave me? Thanks so much for the help

There's a GUI? Sorry, I only know the command line. I don't think you can get TTYLOG any way but command line.

LD 17 - in the ADAN of the specific TTY, Set TTYLOG=YES, SIZE=64000

To view the log

LD 22
REQ PRT
TYPE VSHT
TTY 1 (1 is an example TTY number)
UP TOP
NEXT BOT

Few people know VHST and TTYLOG. This is going to take some experimenting for you to learn it.

--
--

Sorry, web based, so I will try this command in putty. So this will show who made what change? Thank you so much

It is possible, but if people are making changes via the GUI, I bet there is a log right on the PC. I do not know where that would be, but I am sure it is in a book somewhere.

--
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back