Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log File for User Programming Changes to Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKZ

Technical User
May 6, 2008
US
3300ICP v.9.0.1.17 User changed Call Forward Always on a SpectraLink 340e Wireless Phone. The Director wants a date/time to determine who changed it.

Is there a log file that shows these changes? I could not find anything in Maintenance->Logs on the 3300.

Thank you in advance for your help.

It's like asking a log of temperature regulator changes in a fridge. Or install keyloggers and cameras at all computers in the company.

This option can be chaged at any time and part of normal device operations. I don't think that something has been recorded or can be recorded.

Why forward unconditional on a mobile device ?
The advantage of a mobile device is that you can take it with you (ofcourse in the range of the system)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I would look at your Feature Access Codes and see if your Call Forward Follow Me code is something that might be dialed accidently.

This might be solved by using a more obscure code.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks for the response. I kind of thought it would be the proverbial 'needle in a haystack', but told the 'requestor' that I would see what I could find.

And the question of why forward a mobile device? This is a shared phone that all employees carry during their shifts (24/7 facility). Someone got bored and forwarded the phone to a different departments pager.

Our CFFM code is *17 so I don't think that would be the issue.

Thank you all for the help.

Oke, i thought it was forwarded and some one disabled the forward

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

If you would check SMDR log (if enabled) it should indicate date and time when the first call was re-routed. Using that you can guess when it happened.

Duh - why didn't I think of that? Sometimes the solutions are just too simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back