Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lockout, lines kept busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliemsgirl

Programmer
Jan 24, 2005
SR
What could be some of the reasons that my trunks constantly end up in a lockout state or that I notice that my CP queue is keeping my lines busy and they don't release automatically?

If there LOOP start that could cause the problem.

or if there Ground start trunks but programmed as LOOP start in your system.

try setting fdec and edec to eth and supervision to no.. helps with rls.. if there loop, then live with the lockouts are have them changed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If trunks are loop start you ned to adjust your BTID settings in LD 14. However, once you have 1 trunk assigned to the trunk card, the initial settings for your trunks busy tone disconnect are there for each and every trunk you add on. Use a trunk card with no TNs assigned. Build yourself a Private line on your switch room phone then build your Private line trunk on that "empty" card. Use another phone to call that Private line number. Answer the call. Now the phone you originated the call from, hang it up. Time how long it takes for the private line's call to break down. For most loop start trunks, if you can get it to break down and release the trunk in under 10 seconds you're doing pretty good. If the trunk is not releasing then OUT your private line and rebuid it with a different BTID setting. Keep doing this until you get the quickest release you can. If in former CIS country,, you may have to buuild yourself a new BTDT table in LD 97.

MIKE

Sorry, if your switch is CS 1000 E check your PVIDs on your BayStacks if you using them, don't know the = term for Cisco. That will also cause trunk lockouts if your ELAN and TLAN have conflicts

MIKE

How would I see the BTID Settings??

Here is a printout of one of my trunks:

DES 550808
TN 005 0 00 01
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
FWTM NO
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
AUTO_BIMP NO
TRK ANLG
NCOS 0
RTMB 2 1
ATDN 302
SIGL LOP
SUPN YES
STYP PIP
AST NO
IAPG 0
SEIZ NO
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 NTC
TKID

And the route:

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 2
DES 550808
TKTP COT
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
PRIV NO
RPA NO
SAT NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
NODE
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ACMP NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 78
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
MFC NO
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
OOD 1
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GTO 896
GTI 896
ARP 3
SFB 3
CRD 512

IENB 5
TFD 0
LEXT 100
VGD 6
SST 3 0
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
NEDC ETH
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02

PAGE 002

DDO NO
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC NO
LAST YES
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA NO
OAN YES
OPD NO
NDP INC 16
CDRX NO
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
MUS NO
MR NO
PANS YES
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
OPR NO
RCAL NO
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
PECL NO
DCTI 0
TIDY 78 2
SGRP 0
CCB NO
CCBA NO
ARDN NO
AACR NO

Ace is right, but curious have you tried changing from LOP to LDR for your signal type. You are using Universal trunk cards, that will give you a little more leeway for playing setting than an XFCOT card.

MIKE

I have the same problems with my loop start COT. WWDT I tried to change to LDR but comes back with

SCH0312
Unacceptable signaling for trunk type.

I have tried almost everything with my COTs and thought I would give the LDR a try.

Without ground start I have to keep an eye on the trunks all the time.
Good luck bliemsgirl

Lubbz

Unacceptable signaling for trunk type.
that happens because you have to out the trunks, the change to loop dial repeating, then put the trunks back in as ldr.. i have used ldr but normally so i can send or rec tones after answer supervision. it may help with that issue.. as i posted, any thing you do is a patch except changing them to ground.. here's a known fact, if the switch has more the 8 or 10 trunks, pri is as cheap of cheaper.. i did maint back in the days of 400 analog trunks to a single switch.. we had bad trunks everytime i ran the scan.. now with twice that many trunks, we have a bad pri maybe once a year

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back