Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locking Powerpoint Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jode

Programmer
Aug 14, 2001
GB
All,

I am hoping someone can help. I have a powerpoint presentation that has a picture inserted. If you double click the picture it allows you to edit and I do not want that.

If I save a a JPEG etc it seems to lose quality and if I lock the presentation for editing nobody can use the slide in any other presentations as it does not seem to allow you to copy and paste.

Any ideas.....?

You should be able to save the power point file as a read-only presnetation where the user double-clicks and it just runs... that will make everything read-only, I think... or at least give options for it.

I use powerpoint VERY little, so I'd have to do some testing to say for certain... and don't have time for that really.

Let us know whether that gets you the desired end results..

I have tried locking it and unfortuately it then means that you cant even copy a slide and paste it into another presentation which we want them to be able to do (But still not amend the picture).

I think master slides may be the way forward......??

Sounds like it... I'm guessing that'd be the only way for the combination you're looking for. If you think about it - for someone to copy the WHOLE thing, it makes sense they'd be able to copy/modify an individual part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back