Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locking Only one field of three in form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2003
GB
I have a form that allows users to display/filter a 3 field table (Product, Part No, Qty) The problem is the default form allows users to inadvertently change the Product field and inadvertantly allocate the Part No to another Product, I need to make the first field filterable to allow the user to only see the cutting list of the one product but then only allow editing of the Part No or Qty Field. An example would be that product “A” has three parts 1000, 1002, & 1003 each has Qty 1 each. The user must be able to change say Part 1001 quantity to 2. Delete part 1003 and add a new part say part 1004 1off. Where would I put the restraints?
Any pointers would be most appreciated. Should i actually be looking at a query to do this.
TIA
Cliff

In the form, do not bind the product control to the underlying table. It might be easier to have a product combo box which is used to select a product (the wizard can set this up). As long as the control is not bound to the underlying table, it will not make changes.

James Goodman MCSE, MCDBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back