Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locked out of G430

Status
Not open for further replies.

csb8860

Vendor
Nov 6, 2003
US
I am locked out of a new g430. I have tried the root password reset using the ggdaseuaimhrke password from the services port. It does not work either. Does anyone know if this password has changed or something?

Hi csb - I have found that if I often have to reboot the media gateway THEN I can use the root/ggdase... password. After that, create a new user with admin privs and reset the root password too. Then save the config and reboot.

Had the same issue and as randycarroll said a reboot solves it all.

NCDS | NCSS | APSS - SME | ACIS - SME | ACSS - SME | ACIS - UC | ACSS - UC | APSS - SCOPIA | APDS - SCOPIA | CCENT

Maybe you can post the rest of the pwd (...)

regards,
Sekitori

you are getting close to forum rules providing password search on google for it if you dont believe the OP as he provided it in his first post , there is a nvram pin on the main board .. see below out of the manual

You can perform an NVRAM initialization using a jumper on the G350 motherboard.(same with g450)

obviously this will wipe the gateway but may be your only option.... that said always had the reboot work for me also.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

To be fair Avaya make no secret of the passwords for there kit

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Yes, got it - thanks.
The reset jumper is also very useful.

Sekitori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back