Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locked Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedMeet

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
CA
I have an 8 X 24 DR5 Cabinet at a site. Company has 6 Lines on the system. Every once and a while different lines on the system lock up. Im not sure locked up is a proper term more like the lines are hung and they wont disconnect. Example yesterday i was there and lines 1 and 3 when you hit the lines on a set said lines in use. Now there was a post a while back here in forums that you can do Feature *0 and hit the line that is hung, press show and then * to drop the line. When i hit feature *0, hit the line and then show, it says line redirected. I have to go into the phone closet pull lines 1 and 3 off the system and you can hear the system click the lines drop, re terminate and it was like nothing was wrong. Anyone have any idea what maybe causing this?

Thank You
- DedMeet

In programming, insure lines are set for supervised. If you have a butt-set you can check and see if your provider is supplying disconnect supervision on your incoming lines.

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst

Yes there is DS on the lines that was checked last time this happened as i thought that was what the issue was.

-DedMeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back