Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locked bios for my Toshiba laptop. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethos

Technical User
Feb 27, 2001
GB
Someone in my office locked me out of my laptop by setting a Bios password. Already called toshiba, they recomended taking it to a service center which will cost a fortune. Please any help at all will be thoroughly appreciated.
:¬(
ETHOS

Well, usually when that happens you have to get to the motherboard and short a jumper, this will erase the BIOS memory. Other than getting the pw from somebody, this is probably all hte repair center will do. Ask the tech support which jumper to take off, if you're good getting into the guts of your PC.

MWB. As always, I hope that helped!

Disclaimer:
Beware: Studies have shown that research causes cancer in lab rats.

there is an old program called killcoms that might do it for you if you have a antivirs it might flag it thught but it does not repilcate. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Could open P.C and find motherboard identification written on it and then search the net for the information on the motherboard .

i think some toshiba laptops use a loopback plug on the parallel port with some software to erase the password so you really are stuck im afraid. If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

rfeenie was right, you need a loopback connector that plugs into the parallel port of the notebook. This will disable the password completely.

You can try other things such as sourcing the battery, a jumper to clear CMOS etc but I have failed in this quest.

I have the layout for this connector or could do it for you.

Hi ya guy's this is really helpful,

Prozzee can you send me this layout please, much appreciated.

Ethos
ETHOS.
Ethos777@hotmail.com

Maybe you could pull out the bios battery and put it back in and that should erase any memory of stuff like that when you put it back in. Something to try. Good Luck!

Prozzee

Would it be possible for you to send me the info needed to make the loop-back plug to clear a Toshiba Laptop password.

I just ran into a similar problem when a user brought in a laptop she hadn't used in about a year. Now she needs it for a presentation and can't remember the password.

Thank you
bob.sieland@archny.org

Could you also forward this info to me? we have a number of toshi laptops but no loopback connector :(

Mark.Wilson@wxc.co.nz

Thanks!

I will email everyone with the pinouts for this. Post your result here please.

prozzee

Seems this is a common problem. Here's the layout:

You'll need a 25 ping plug to go into the printer port.

Make the connections below to the plug:

1-5-10
2-11
3-17
4-12
6-16
7-13
8-14
9-15

Place in Parallel port
Switch on Notebook & the password should be removed.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back