Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lock the content of a text frame, so it can't move up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlais

Programmer
Oct 12, 2006
YU
I've realy search FAQs and forums and can't find answer, or solution, as you wish. Problem is: When I make changes somewhere in text frame on some page, content of pages after that page is moving, up or down; typed text, whole rows jumps to other page. I know that unlink page can preserve something like this, but, is there command to lock content of a text frame, not text frame?
Sorry for bad english
Thanks in advance

OK, GUYS, I'VE DONE THE JOB. IT'S EASY.

Hi; perhaps you might share your discovery with me I have been trying to work with a 1500 page document and this problem is truly s psin in the @$$. Thanks in advance!

Pegasus,
download and install ImpositionCompanion (free plugin) from and use it in your document.
Advise:
If you have 1500 pages, when starting with work on such huge document, place chapter by chapter with no text treads beetwen them.
P.S. This is what I wrote to plugin maker from rorohiko.com

Oh, thanks, it is realy useful, except one thing.
Well, ImpositionCompanion unlink all text frames in my simple document with 350 pages, but, unfortunately, IC can't prevent Indesign to change first text line of a unlinked text frame, eg, first line begins just as first line of a chapter, I mean, it takes left indent configured in Paragraph styles apllied to that text. Result: every text frame that is unlinked have first line with left indent, wich not will be big problem if document have few pages, but 300+.
Is there something you can do about this?
Thanks again
Sinisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back