Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lock subreport by group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glazieyes

Programmer
Jun 18, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a crystal report which has grid data, grouped by location.

e.g.

location result subreport
England 41 by county
Scotland 12 by city
Wales 10 by town

Depending on the location group there is a link to an on demand subreport ( each subreport is different for each location).

I have suppressed the subreport link so it is not visible to the user BUT it is still active e.g. if I click on suppressed link it still runs the subreport.

Is there anyway to disable the suppressed subreport link completely?

Why would you place an on demand subreport in if you don't want it on demand?

Crystal doesn't have grids, please use real technical terms, do you mean a cross-tab, an OLE Object that's a grid from some other application, or?

-k

I do want it on demand but the demand is specific to the group i.e. I want the link to work for a single location and not for any of the other locations.

By grid I meant that the report when ran appears in a grid format like the rough example given above. It is because each subreport is suppressed for all but one location, and subreport links are placed on top of each other that I need to suppress and lock the subreport according to the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back