Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lock out without changing password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffteng

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
US
I was lock out windows 2000 after I changed the network id in system form a network domain to a workgroup. I did not change any password. Then after I reboot, I can't not log on using same user name and password. Any idea?

Can you still log on as Administrator and if so I would then go to users and passwords under control panel and make sure you add the user under the workgroup as well as domain.

I can't. The user name I used is Administrator.

I was lock out windows 2000 after I changed the network id in system form a network domain to a workgroup. --Well if you were logging on to a domain then it is now no longer there...

You now need to be able to log on locally to the computer...

I still don't know what cause the problem, but I have solved it use a tool from Internet. It basically change the file of "SAM" under the directory of winnt/system32/config. The tool can be obtained from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back