Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lock file behavior. Does not delete itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailblazerLS

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
Confused about the lock file behavior. I noticed a lock file tonite when I was leaving the office. The users said they all closed out of the app. I looked at the lock file and my pc was the one in the file. I did not have the app open. When I got home, I checked the situation again, the lock file had a new time. So I opened the app and closed it and the lock file deleted itself. Is there, or can there be a delay in its housekeeping.

Is it possible that you created an object and did not close and destrot it? Do you have an automatic compact and repair on the db?

I definitely closed the database. I even re-booted my pc. I donot have auto compact and repair. I do a compact and repair about once a week. Its really strange, because I VPN from home when I arrive at home, and the LDB had a different time. At that point, I just loaded the application and then exited it....and I watched as the LDB file disappeared.

By object I mean something that involves Set...: a recordset, an application object, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back