Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lock all columns except one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbazabba

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
GB
Hi there..

I have form with a command button that launches a query. It brings up a datasheet of results with numerous columns:

STUDENT_NAME, COURSE, EQUIPMENT, DATE_DUE_BACK, OVERDUE etc.

At the moment you can edit all the records. I was worried that users may alter these results accidently (!) so wanted to lock them.

Achieved this by changing the recordset type from dynaset to snapshot. This worked fine. I then decided it would be useful if the OVERDUE column was still active. Is this possible?

Cheers for your help!

Philip

Philip, can you bring it up as a form in datasheet view and then lock all the columns except the OverDue? Just a thought.

Paul

Hi,

Instead of changing the recordset, you could just change it from running a query to opening a new form with the query as its recordsource,

then you lock the text boxes that you don't want updated.

Hi there

Thanks for replying and for the ideas, I think I know what to do now! If I have any problems, I will post again..

Thanks alot!

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back