Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Location of sent emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney2

Technical User
Jun 9, 2003
GB
I have Exchange & Outlook XP & 2003 clients
I have a customer folder with subfolders for each customer
All my emails come into my inbox which is how I'd like to keep it.

Can I set up a rule so that if I reply to an email to say fred@companyx it is automatically saved in my companyx customer folder

Thanks

Are you saying you want the sent email automatically saved in the companyx customer folder or do you want the email you're replying to automatically saved in the companyx folder after you have replied to it?

I think you can set an option in Outlook to save the sent email in the same folder as the one the original was in.

But, no idea how to set up a rule.
u could set up a "Apply this rule after I send this message with companyx.com in the recipient's address"
But, you'd need to set it up for each domain name.

Ooh, or look at this:

Are you saying you want the sent email automatically saved in the companyx customer folder or do you want the email you're replying to automatically saved in the companyx folder after you have replied to it?

Ideally both but I doubt it could do this
ie move a received email after I've replied to it.

I know I could set Outlook to
a. receive a company xemail into the company x folder
b. save the sent reply in the same file (companyx)

but ideally i want to
a. receive the email in the inbox
b. save the sent reply in the company x folder

dream ticket would be
a. receive the email in the inbox
b. save the sent reply in the company x folder
c have the original inbox also move automamtically to the compay x folder once ive replied

but I v much doubt c is possible

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back