Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Location of PRI Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsotech

Technical User
Dec 26, 2007
US
Where does the DID for a PRI get programmed? On the switch side or the carrier supplying the PRI side. I have looked all over our documentation and can find nothing. AT&T says it's our switch programming and our vendor says it's AT&T setting the pilot # on the T1 when it gets programmed.

What exactly are you looking for. Pri is set up as far as signaling and framing and that is it. The DID's are the digits the CO sends to you when one of the number are called.

For example if I call 9314588000 and I am expecting 4 digits the CO sends me 8000. I now take those digits and route the call based on where I program 8000 to ring. Usually all this takes is programming the DN on the phone. Nothing to it. One thing you have to be aware of is LDN0 must be the length of the expected number of digits. If you are getting 4 digits then LDN0 must also be 4 digits. Usually this is your main number if you are using consoles.

Need some more info to answer correctly.

Okay! Here is my dilemna. We have 2 PRIs servicing our Option 61c. Up until about 3 months ago, all outbound calls from our switch carried the physical address for the location and a 7 digit number which AT&T considers our main billing number. Then we subscribed to the inform 911 system which allows us to identify the physical location of the DID that placed the call. We have several campuses that all tie in via tie lines to our main switch.

Now we discover that the number displaying on our Ani/Ali is incorrect. It is an ancient PRI number from like 15 years ago instead of the correct one. Where is this number programmed in?

Thanks

Look at your CDB and see what it has programmed there, if it's not there then it's not coming from your switch.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Thanks, the cdb was the first place I checked. Will have to rattle AT&T's cage again. Of course, it's never their problem.

you problem may be on the clid side of either switch.. on your network ld 96 enl msgi x on each of the d's that handle the call... on the inband t1, ld 80 trad x x to get the same information... your clid data had to be passed from your remote switch to your local switch to your carrier.. if your not sending clid, the how can att fix the problem?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Up until about 3 months ago, all outbound calls from our switch carried the physical address for the location and a 7 digit number which AT&T considers our main billing number."

None of the above ever came from your switch. The 7 digit number could have been sent by the switch, but was more then likley sent by ATT.

The switch can send the CLID for each phone, but CLID tables will need to be setup and a list created containing the DID number, building location, location in the building ect. This is not a 5 min job.

The last placed I worked, we had all phones sending CLID but we never setup any thing else, so if the Fire dept showed up we had to figure out where the need to go.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

at one site we turned did in the clid tables, then the 911 interface team needed a list of dn's to physical adress.. the 911 database people are the same one that entered all ali tables for 911, in that case it was a sprint area so there database needed a list and the inhouse people had to email any moves that changed the address...

that's a lot of headaches, way more detailed then the ss7 table that just shows names... for 911 people to get ani, you need just need to send clid, for them to see ali (name and address) someone at the provider level has to enter that data.. it does not (yet) go out on the d

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hooray! A solution at last. And what do you know..the problem was on the AT&T Side. They were still showing our old bogus number in the caller ID Field. Apparently, AT&T has two translation fields. The first is the 7 digit 'Billing Number' and the second is the 7 digit 'Caller ID' number. They blanked out the 2nd field and then put in the good number. Then they thought it over a bit and removed the good number from the field as well so the only thing left was the mail billing number. We ran a series of 911 test calls and the ani/ali came up perfectly correct.

Thanks to all for their diagnoses and support.

Once again, if someone at the telco actually bothered to check their provisioning before repeating the mantra (it's not our problem....it's not our problem....it's not our problem) a user's issue could be resolved in hours rather than days.

Send them a bill for YOUR time for diagnosing THEIR issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back