Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Location of HR Lookup Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukeslater

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
I'm new to GP but I've looked every way I know, including SQL logging, and I can't find where the lookup values for the employment type and HR status fields are stored. The numeric values for each are in the UPR00100 table.

I'm assuming that the text values - "Terminated", "Full Time Regular", etc. - are stored elsewhere, but I'm a little baffled as to where that would be or what the column is titled.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Those are enumerated values. They are stored in the database as integers, but shown in the user interface with text. Those values are part of the application code and cannot be seen in the database. They can be viewed (usually) in Resource Descriptions.

(version 8) Go to Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables.
The Table Description window opens.
Across from the Table field there is a ... button. Click that.
The Table Names window opens. Set Product = Human Resources. I'm not sure what Series is used by HR, but probably 3rd Party or Project. Set View By = Physical Name and located UPR00100.

This will return you to the Table Description window. Select the field you are looking for then click the Field Info button.

This usually, but not always, displays the enumerated values.

The manual way to do this is to log into TWO, change the values in the UI, and save the record. Look at the record in the table and manually map what you see on the window to what shows up in the table.

Usually, but not always, the enumerated values are numbered in the same way they appear in the drop down list. For example, sales documents types are:
1 = Quote
2 = Order
3 = Invoice
4 = Return
5 = Back Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back