Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

location of detail for Report send to review on ellipse 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 28, 2008
I Need to know where the data for reports that are run to Review on MSO086 reside on the unix box.

I have a user who ran a report to review and chose to retain the report for some month ahead. i now need to get/ ftp that report but am not sure where the file is stored.
Normally such reports are meant to stay in ../olrpt

I have checked in the ../oldrpt directory but cannnot find the file.

i can only see some but not the report i want.

if i go online ( mso086) i see the report that with the info.

so the question is in which directory does Ellipse store the reports that we send to review and change the retention date to future months?

please assist.

regards

TM

I would have thought oldrpt too, but it doesn't seem to be, unless it's held under some unexpected name. I even tried reprinting an entry from MSF086 and watching the batch.log, but it didn't seem to suggest where it had got the file.

There are 3 tables which seem to feed into this part of the system: MSF086, MSF086_HEADER and MSF086_REPORT.

The latter seems to hold lots of information for each individual retained report, but I'm not sure it's quite enough to be the actual report content.

So I'm am stumped as you, but I hope I have given you some pointers to help with your investigations.

Review online is stored in MSF086 and subtables.
When Batch programs run MSSPRT will write directly to those tables. No Copy is ever stored on disk.
If P or F Then a file is created and can be saved to OLDRPT
If I (well you wont have R), can be saved in OLDRPT.

As confirmed by SPV and Blakej above, when a report is sent to review online, the report is saved into the database table msf086_report (and referenced in msf086_header and msf086).
You can review the report via mso086, however if you wish to print the report, select the action 'P'. This will initiate the batch job msb087 which simply reads the data from msf086_report and prints to the printer defined in msf086_header. Hence once printed (and you have versioning switched on with your batch processing) you will then find the compressed msb087 report in the oldrpt directory.
Alternativly if you have an email print queue, you could modify the printer (option 'S') in mso086, then print to your destination.

Drew

Just a note to say that in later versions of Ellipse, eg 61, Review Online no longer exists as a medium if Business Objects is installed, then it is replaced with "I" Inbox of Business Objects, so all the stuff around MS0086/MSF086 went out the window. What a pity. I liked 'R' except for the fact that it wasn't scrollable like in Windows. I liked it because you could see total number of pages and re-print only selected pages. The new BO Inbox is really no different form Outlook's Inbox, you cannot reprint selected pages, and if you print report, then all formatting is lost and the report is all over the place.

I followed DRW's advice and managed to get what i wanted.

tahnks lots DRW. I went on to 086, and submitted the report to print.

checked and found the MSB087 file in OLDRPT.

cOOL.

Regards

TM

I have missing picking slip numbers from my system for some requistions starting with prefix G.I expect the system to have all numbers in sequence from say G0001 TO G99999 but i am not seing some numbers. I am not sure if the system shoulld allow this. do you forsee any possible cheating in this scenerio.

regards

TM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back