Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locating Images when printing from Quark 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nattylou

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
Hello,

We have one Mac here that is proving to be troublesome with images in Quark. Although they are all set correctly and they are all stored in the appropriate place, when you try and print them, quark can never find their location and you have to point it at each individual file, even if they are all in the same folder.

It is not an intermittent problem and is only occurring on one mac. I am not very familiar with Quark so is there anyone out there who might be able to help me?

Many thanks

Does this only happen when you go to print, or do the files show up as missing in Utilities > Usage > Pictures?

I asked our user, he says they are missing there too. I noticed your name in the experts list, thanks for replying so promptly :)

No problem! Just to be clear: your images are in the same folder as the Quark document (not a subfolder), they show up as missing in Picture Usage, and if you update one, it doesn't give you a message saying that there are other images in the same folder -- is that correct?

If so, maybe the Quark document originated on a PC. Sometimes, when you transfer the document to a Mac, it thinks it should look for a file called 'C:\myfolder\myfile.tif', rather than just looking for 'myfile.tif'. If that's the case, I think the only thing to do is to manually update each image. However, you should only have to do this once provided you keep the files on a Mac.

If that's not the case, maybe these links will help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back